- Yes we have cell phone coverage and you can call/text us just like you can on land.
- NO we are not 1000 miles offshore in the ocean. We are traveling in the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway (AICW), the Great Lakes (Ontario, Huron, Michigan, North Channel), the Canals (Erie and Oswego), the Rivers (Delaware, Hudson, Illinois, Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee, Tenn-Tom), the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (GICW), the Trent-Severn Waterway (in Canada), and the Chesapeake & Georgian Bays.
- Yes we have electronic navigation (Chart plotter and GPS) and yes we have radar – along with a bunch of other electronics that the average boater does not.
- Yes we have a toilet (called a “Head”) and yes we have a full kitchen (called a galley) with a convection microwave oven, fridge, freezer and stove. No, we do not have a dishwasher or a washer and dryer.
- Yes we are working as we go. We have mastered the art of having web or conference calls while sitting at the dock and we have a boat wireless network that lets us keep up with email and blog postings (somewhat).
- No we do not have a maid (but we both wished we did).
Feel free to send us more questions and we will answer them all.